Internationale Frauenliga für Frieden und Freiheit / IFFF
Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom / WILPF
– German Section –
As the oldest women’s peace organisation in the world we combine current subjects with the experience of our work. WILPF is an international non-governmental organisation with national sections in over 40 countries and consultative status with various organs of the United Nations. Its International Secretariat is based in Geneva with a New York UN Office.
We invite you to learn more about our organisation, our history, the manifold activities and the key fields of work.
We invite you to join us and participate in activities and in lasting collaborations.
We invite you to support our work for peace and freedom.
Our aims are
- Human coexistence in peace, freedom and justice
- Social, economic and political equality of all human beings
- Elimination of any discrimination on the grounds of gender, origin or religion (see also Human Rights, Anti-Racism)
- Equal participation of women in the political, economical and social sector (see also UN-Resolution 1325)
- Collaboration of women of different political beliefs and origins to overcome the reasons of violence and war (see also civil conflict management, Vorrang für Zivil)
- Worldwide disarmament (see also nuclear weapons, Small arms, armament export)
- Strengthening the United Nations and the International Law
- Strengthening women’s rights as one of the basic elements of human rights (see trafficking in women/trafficking in human beings, UN-Resolution 1820)
- Promoting a sustainable development and an equal access to resources (see Women, Water, War)
- Supporting our Sections in conflict areas (see Middle East Conflict)
for further Information see https://wilpf.org/toolkit-launch-weapons-war-and-women-in-the-mena-region
13. März 2018The way back – or better forward – is only possible if we invest in peaceful coexistence in a multidimensional approach, if we analyze the root causes of war and violence, combat social and economic injustice, weapons, geostrategic power interests and revitalize the UN in the spirit of its charter. This is why we participate actively at the Munich Peace ... Artikel ansehen
13. März 2018Coming from BiH, even though more than 20 years have past since the war – thinking about peace, and understanding what it takes to build a peace that is more than a mere absence of militarized violence, is something many of us in Bosnia are still doing, on daily basis. There is sort of an officially proclaimed peace; formal progress measured ... Artikel ansehen