As the oldest women’s peace organisation in the world we combine current subjects with the experience of our work. WILPF is an international non-governmental organisation with national sections in over 40 countries and consultative status with various organs of the United Nations. Its International Secretariat is based in Geneva with a New York UN Office.
We invite you to learn more about our organisation, our history, the manifold activities and the key fields of work.
We invite you to join us and participate in activities and in lasting collaborations.
We invite you to support our work for peace and freedom.
Our aims are
- Human coexistence in peace, freedom and justice
- Social, economic and political equality of all human beings
- Elimination of any discrimination on the grounds of gender, origin or religion (see also Human Rights, Anti-Racism)
- Equal participation of women in the political, economical and social sector (see also UN-Resolution 1325)
- Collaboration of women of different political beliefs and origins to overcome the reasons of violence and war (see also civil conflict management, Vorrang für Zivil)
- Worldwide disarmament (see also nuclear weapons, Small arms, armament export)
- Strengthening the United Nations and the International Law
- Strengthening women’s rights as one of the basic elements of human rights (see trafficking in women/trafficking in human beings, UN-Resolution 1820)
- Promoting a sustainable development and an equal access to resources (see Women, Water, War)
- Supporting our Sections in conflict areas
Find our articles published in English here:
Women’s (Economic) Empowerment – A trajectory of contemporary power-knowledge dynamics
3. März 2021When we hear talk about women’s empowerment, we reflexively nod our head. Yes, this is what we need for a peaceful, prosperous future in all parts of the world. Yes, it is necessary to attain equal and equitable global social relations. But what does ‘empowerment’ actually entail? What does it mean to be ‘empowered’ and who benefits from it? View article
Statement concerning the current situation in Myanmar
11. Februar 2021We strongly condemns the military takeover in Myanmar and the accompanying arrest of the democratically elected members of the government as well as the increasing violence against peaceful protesters. View article
20 Years of UNSCR 1325 – A Trojan horse for the women’s movement?
3. Dezember 2020The Women, Peace and Security agenda can be used as a transformative instrument to link expertise and knowledge from different actors, and thus facilitate wide-reaching gender justice. View article
Call for Peace and Human Rights in Nagorno-Karabakh – we call on EU member states and the UN for immediate support and action
11. November 2020Call for Peace and Human Rights in Nagorno-Karabakh – we call on EU member states and the UN for immediate support and action View article
Who will stop the war over Nagorno-Karabakh?
10. November 2020The peace and democracy movement, led by women, and among them many young people who wanted to overcome the horrors and trauma of the past, set out to organize dialogues throughout the Caucasus region, exchanges across borders and within international institutions. View article
Joint civil society statement on gender and disarmament: UN General Assembly First Committee, 13 October 2020
14. Oktober 2020Marieke Eilers delivered a joint civil society statement on gender and disarmament at the UN General Assembly First Committee, noting that at the root of our world’s challenges lies patriarchal militarism. View article
Legal Forum in Charkiv: Women who are Human Rights defenders from business related abuses
25. September 2020Presentation of stories which changed the world. The Corona crisis has shown the fragility of global delivery chains in dramatic ways. HR defenders and peace activists criticized neoliberal predatory capitalism since ever leading to inequality, injustice and violence. View article
UNESCO Webinar: “NGOs’ voice: global citizenship to spur inclusion and diversity” on 14 September 2020
25. September 2020Feminist perspectives widen the horizon on global citizenship. View article
Does Protection Lead to Peace? The WPS Agenda and Its Focus on CRSV
15. Juli 2020The WPS agenda, inaugurated by the UNSC Resolution 1325 in October 2000, has been lauded as a watershed achievement in the global feminist movement. Yet, is the WPS agenda really the radical, structural reform it is set out to be? View article
Corona Action Time (English)
8. April 2020Corona-time may be soon over – let’s not lose the momentum – let’s start working – let’s change together what we never dared to do – let’s build a global movement for life in peace, justice and solidarity – let’s just try – there is nothing to lose – be part of it – it’s easy and it’s for YOU – act now – commit yourself – HAVE FUN trying out things – dreams may come true: IT IS ... View article